Business Analyst Job
Date: Jun 21, 2014
Location: Cambridge, MA, US
|Location:||Cambridge, MA, US||Posted Date:||2014-01-27 00:00:00.0|
About the Job
Product Operations is seeking an experienced, driven, results-oriented business analyst to operationally manage and administer a variety of business processes and related systems. To succeed in this role, the versatile candidate must bring strong communication, understanding of business process, and analytical skills to help solve key business problems. The Business Analyst must be able to work collaboratively and coordinate business and technical teams in a fast-paced environment. The Business Analyst will work closely with internal customers with the Products and Development group as well as IT development teams. The Business Analyst will report into the Analytics team lead.
About the Team
The Akamai Products & Development Group is a team of industry leading professionals dedicated to owning and driving the innovation of digital media, software delivery, application and site acceleration for our customers. Product Operations manages all aspects of the product lifecycle as well as the coordination and delivery of key cross-organizational Strategic Programs. This includes the program definition, prioritization, planning processes, business metrics, and ongoing delivery for these initiatives.
* Prepare analysis and support management by preparing presentations of their business as needed.
* Provide pricing analysis support for the team.
* Perform pricing trend analysis on top revenue products and new products.
* Conduct analysis to develop a pricing heat map grouping by product type.
* Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering or business management.
* 3+ years of experience in an analyst role.
* 2+ years of experience with data mining techniques.
* 3+ years of experience using SQL to query data.
* 2+ years of experience with ERP/CRM systems, Word, Visio, Powerpoint, Access and project.
* Experience creating pricing scatter plots or setting up pricing point analysis
* Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills and the ability to work effectively across a wide range of constituencies in a diverse corporate and client environment.
* Experience in business process, operations, and metric definition.
* Knowledge of high-tech internet industry.
* Detail and action-oriented self starter.
* Strong analytical skills and an ability to “think outside the box”.
* Knowledge of product catalog processing and product lifecycle management.
* Technical knowledge and SQL skills.
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and complex pivot tables.
* Is relocation available for this position: No
* Is US Citizenship required: No
* Is a Security Clearance Required: No
If yes, applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation & must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
About AkamaiAkamai® is the leading cloud platform for helping enterprises provide secure, high-performing user experiences on any device, anywhere. At the core of the company’s solutions is the Akamai Intelligent Platform™ providing extensive reach, coupled with unmatched reliability, security, visibility and expertise. Akamai removes the complexities of connecting the increasingly mobile world, supporting 24/7 consumer demand, and enabling enterprises to securely leverage the cloud. To learn more about how Akamai is accelerating the pace of innovation in a hyperconnected world, please visit www.akamai.com and follow @Akamai on Twitter.
If you're excited by Akamai and would like to help change the online landscape please apply. No time to apply? Join our Talent Community.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. EEO is the Law
Nearest Major Market: Cambridge
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segments: Social Media, Engineer, Computer Science, Database, Cloud, Marketing, Engineering, Technology