Payroll Director Job
Date: Nov 6, 2014
Location: Cambridge, MA, US
|Location:||Cambridge, MA, US||Posted Date:||2014-02-18 00:00:00.0|
About the Job
The Payroll Director will lead the Global Payroll Department for this fast paced and growing technology firm and will report to the Controller’s office. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the successful completion of all transaction associated with global payroll and equity administration. The Director will provide functional and compliance expertise for all aspects of global payroll and equity administration. The role will also participate in developing strategic initiatives that will help globalize, evolve and scale the payroll and equity administration functions in a fast paced, highly analytical and dynamic environment. He/she will also be looked upon to work across the organization including cross-functional teams, directly with employees and other key functional staff to understand business issues and requirements to assess and design, in collaboration with senior management, effective short and long term process improvements and solutions.
About the Team
The Global Payroll and Equity Department is globally distributed and primarily based in Cambridge, MA with supporting staff located in the following regions: India, Japan and Poland. The Global Payroll Department is responsible for both the management and processing of all payroll and equity transactions. This leader will be based in Cambridge, MA and will work closely with the global team to ensure there is accurate execution and compliance with local laws and company policies as it relates to payroll and equity.
* Manage daily operations of the Global Payroll and Equity department with regards to accuracy, timeliness, excellent customer focus and compliance.
* Manage all aspects of global payroll staffing by monitoring the workloads of a globally distributed team and providing staff development.
* Continuously develop strategic process improvements to maintain the quality, efficiency and overall effectiveness of the payroll and equity functions to ensure compliance with federal, state and local taxing authority requirements.
* Responsible for ensuring systems and processes correctly compute and record time, earnings, equity, commissions, benefits and deductions, taxes, garnishments, and other components of payroll in a strong internal controls environment.
* Manage vendor relationships and cost effectiveness.
* Develop and communicate with Senior Management on company policy recommendations as it relates to payroll and equity administration.
* Oversee internal and external audits as it relates to payroll and equity.
* Ensure proper journal entries, analysis of payroll and equity related balance sheet accounts are completed timely.
* Maintain a strong control environment and ensure Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
* Lead integration efforts relating to mergers and acquisition activity for payroll and equity work streams.
* Education: Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business, Finance or related field.
* Minimum 10 years of payroll experience.
* Minimum 5 years of management experience with a multi-national organization.
* Minimum 5 years experience with US and Non-US payroll and payroll tax compliance which includes federal, multiple state and local authorities, plus Expatriate matters.
* Minimum 5 years experience with international regulations as it relates to payroll, tax and equity policies in foreign jurisdictions.
* Minimum 5 years of experience with Equity Programs and Administration.
* MBA preferred.
* Shared Services experience a plus.
* Experience with various Payroll and HR systems, preferably Oracle EBS and ADP.
* Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation.
* Strong customer service orientation, analytical, financial and system skills.
* Experience maintaining SOX compliance.
* Outstanding project management.
* Strong influencing skills with peers and senior management.
* Ability and willingness to travel as needed.
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
* Strong Microsoft Office skills.
* Is relocation available for this position: No
* Is US Citizenship required: No
* Is a Security Clearance Required: No
If yes, applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation & must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
About AkamaiAkamai® is the leading cloud platform for helping enterprises provide secure, high-performing user experiences on any device, anywhere. At the core of the company’s solutions is the Akamai Intelligent Platform™ providing extensive reach, coupled with unmatched reliability, security, visibility and expertise. Akamai removes the complexities of connecting the increasingly mobile world, supporting 24/7 consumer demand, and enabling enterprises to securely leverage the cloud. To learn more about how Akamai is accelerating the pace of innovation in a hyperconnected world, please visit www.akamai.com and follow @Akamai on Twitter.
If you're excited by Akamai and would like to help change the online landscape please apply. No time to apply? Join our Talent Community.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. EEO is the Law
Nearest Major Market: Cambridge
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segments: Manager, Social Media, Database, Oracle, ERP, Management, Marketing, Technology