Wellness Program Specialist Job
Date: Feb 20, 2014
Location: Cambridge, MA, US
|Location:||Cambridge, MA, US||Posted Date:||2014-01-22 00:00:00.0|
|Cost Center:||910||Category:||General & Administrative|
About the Job
The Wellness Program Specialist will design, implement, and manage wellness programming for our U.S. offices. This is an exciting opportunity to develop a program from the ground-up. Responsibilities include program design, day-to-day oversight and administration, program analytics, and vendor management.
About the Team
The Wellness Program Specialist will join our Global HR team, reporting to the Director of Global Benefits. This person will work closely with the U.S. Benefits team and our vendor partners. The Wellness Program Specialist will also work with HR Business Partners and employees at all levels in the organization.
* Develop and implement a comprehensive wellness program for U.S. employees.
* Design creative incentives, competitions, and promotions for wellness initiatives to boost employee participation and engagement.
* Oversee and administer wellness program on a day-to-day basis; manage external administration vendor contacts.
* Develop and produce metrics to track wellness program success and ROI
* Coordinate quarterly financial education workshops, annual flu shot clinics, and other event-based programs. Schedule facilities, equipment and materials for programs.
* Write communications to create awareness of wellness program.
* Stay current on trends for corporate wellness, regulatory changes, and general market practice. Develop knowledge about various health issues and behavior change strategies.
* Embrace the wellness mission and serve as a wellness role model to others.
* Minimum education: BS/BA degree.
* Minimum 3 years of experience in employee benefits or health promotion/wellness, preferably in a corporate environment.
* Minimum 3 years of experience with Microsoft tools including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
* Familiarity with HIPAA, PPACA, ERISA and other regulatory requirements related to corporate wellness programs.
* Passionate about health and well-being.
* Detail-oriented with solid analytical, resolution and follow up skills.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written, presentation).
* Anticipates needs and issues of clients/employees and works proactively to address them.
* Highly dependable and motivated.
* Ability to prioritize, multi-task and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced environment.
* Creative, curious, and innovative.
* Is relocation available for this position: No
* Is US Citizenship required: No
* Is a Security Clearance Required: No
If yes, applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation & must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Akamai® is the leading cloud platform for helping enterprises provide secure, high-performing user experiences on any device, anywhere. At the core of the company’s solutions is the Akamai Intelligent Platform™ providing extensive reach, coupled with unmatched reliability, security, visibility and expertise. Akamai removes the complexities of connecting the increasingly mobile world, supporting 24/7 consumer demand, and enabling enterprises to securely leverage the cloud. To learn more about how Akamai is accelerating the pace of innovation in a hyperconnected world, please visit www.akamai.com and follow @Akamai on Twitter.
If you're excited by Akamai and would like to help change the online landscape please apply. No time to apply? Join our Talent Community.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace.
Nearest Major Market: Cambridge
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segments: Social Media, Marketing