Senior Application Software Engineer Job
Date: Sep 4, 2014
Location: Hollywood, FL, US
|Location:||Hollywood, FL, US||Posted Date:||2014-04-04 00:00:00.0|
About the Job
We are seeking a passionate, Security product-focused developer who thrives on delivering exceptional functionality to customers. The person in this role will be working on Security Applications on the Luna Portal. Luna is the primary method that customers use to manage and view services within the Akamai global network. Engineers who work in our team utilize the core technologies of Akamai to present solutions to customers. Luna is a fully built multi-tier web application environment, primarily developed using the Java Enterprise Edition.
About the Team
Our team is part of the Security organization, which has responsibility for the technologies that power Security Products, which provide distributed protection from both DDoS and application specific web attacks with on-demand scalability. We include a mix of frontend web expertise as well as developers focused on Java development for integrating with backend systems and supporting dynamic client-side views.
* Design and develop security applications, processes and APIs that can scale to meet the security and performance demands of Akamai's widely distributed customer base. Work with architects and software engineers inside Akamai to extend current security technologies, and to integrate new capabilities into the Akamai security platform.
* You will need to bring a deep and broad skill set to the job, able to see how all the pieces in a distributed environment fit together. Among this individual's key responsibilities will be to identify potential risks that expose customers to vulnerabilities. This individual will be regarded as a go-to person who stays current with the latest security trends and threats.
* You will also work across numerous groups to build consensus across business units and products, so it is essential that the right candidate have unimpeachable technical credibility that is based on current design and implementation experience.
* Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience.
* 5 years of Web Application Development experience using Java Enterprise Edition.
* 5 years of experience developing database-backed applications using Oracle or equivalent Enterprise class database.
* 2 years of experience using the Model View Controller Architecture.
* 2 years of experience with Web Services development.
* 2 years of experience Deploying and Supporting Applications on the Linux or UNIX operating system.
* 2 years of experience working with Internet protocols and concepts (IP, TCP, SSL / TLS, HTTP, DNS).
* Desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, small-team environment.
* Passion to understand, learn, and evaluate new technologies.
* Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python or Unix Shell Scripts.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Expertise in Secure Software Design and Architecture.
* Familiarity with software security weakness, vulnerability and secure code review.
* Familiarity with software attack and exploitation techniques.
* Is relocation available for this position: No
* Is US Citizenship required: No
* Is a Security Clearance Required: No
If yes, applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation & must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
About AkamaiAkamai® is the leading cloud platform for helping enterprises provide secure, high-performing user experiences on any device, anywhere. At the core of the company’s solutions is the Akamai Intelligent Platform™ providing extensive reach, coupled with unmatched reliability, security, visibility and expertise. Akamai removes the complexities of connecting the increasingly mobile world, supporting 24/7 consumer demand, and enabling enterprises to securely leverage the cloud. To learn more about how Akamai is accelerating the pace of innovation in a hyperconnected world, please visit www.akamai.com and follow @Akamai on Twitter.
If you're excited by Akamai and would like to help change the online landscape please apply. No time to apply? Join our Talent Community.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. EEO is the Law
Nearest Major Market: Fort Lauderdale
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami
Job Segments: Application Engineering, Developer, Social Media, Database, Oracle, Engineering, Technology, Marketing